Job Type: Full-time
Contract: Fixed-term contract of one year with possible extension
Salary: 23,400 USD gross per annum with other benefits
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Deadline of Application: August 6, 2023
DigitalReach is a digital rights organization working on the scope of impact of technology on human rights in Southeast Asia. The organization was founded in 2019 in Bangkok, Thailand and registered as a foundation in Thailand in 2022. DigitalReach’s work revolve around three core strategies which are research and monitoring, advocacy, community building and empowerment. The organization’s work is on thematic area includes freedom of expression, the right to privacy, and digital security. As the organization expands in order to position itself among the leading human rights organizations in Southeast Asia that is working on an emerging topic of digital rights, DigitalReach is looking for a talented and passionate individual to join our team as a Finance & Administration officer. The Officer is expected to handle the financial and administrative responsibilities of the organization that are considered as DigitalReach’s backbone.
Scope of Work
The scope of work of the Officer are divided into two main types of responsibilities which are financial and administrative responsibilities. The Officer is expected to work closely with the management to oversee the financial and administrative aspects of the organization.
- Ensure that adequate financial procedures are in place to maintain proper accountability of incomes and expenditures;
- Ensure the financial transactions are properly authorized, recorded, have adequate supporting documentation, filled, maintained and can be easily extracted for the purpose of preparing financial statements and audits;
- Monitor budgets and expenditures;
- Experience with computer-based accounting and finance management system, QuickBooks;
- Maintain cash and bank books and reconciliation with bank statements, including control of disbursements and balancing of books and ledgers;
- Process payment of salaries, allowances, travel claims and other payments to the staff, vendors, and other claimants;
- Process organization’s tax payments for the organization that is registered as a foundation according to the Thai law;
- Prepare and submit monthly cash flow statuses;
- Prepare annual financial reports, including project reports;
- Prepare the organization’s performance annual report to the registrar at the district office according to the Thai law;
- Check and ensure that all procurement processes and expenditures are in accordance with DigitalReach and the organization’s funders’ procedures;
- Organize the annual project financial audits and assisting auditors with verification and queries;
- Ensure proper DigitalReach’s overall operations;
- Prepare an employment contract, insurance, and other requirements for an incoming staff and consultant;
- Conduct an introductory session to introduce a newly hired staff and consultant on the organization’s system, rules, and procedures;
- Administer personnel policies and apply rules, regulations, and procedures concerning recruitment, appointment, benefits, and other personnel matters;
- Administer and manage the logistics and contacts for services with service providers such as travel agents, hotels, translation and interpretation agencies, office suppliers;
- Assist in the administrative and logistical organization of conferences, workshops, retreats and other events;
- Assist in office’s procurement-related activities;
- Prepare routine official correspondence, memoranda, and reports.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in accounting;
- At least 3 years of experience working in the field of accountant and finance;
- Proficiency in Thai and English;
- Experience working in an international non-profit organization;
- Experience in handling grants from international funding organizations;
- Experience in using a computer-based accounting software;
- Significant experience in financial monitoring, budget systems, and internal controls;
- Demonstrated experience in procurement and preparation of financial reports and budget variance analysis;
- Demonstrated strong analytical and multi-tasking skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage and work effectively in team situations;
- Proven ability to prepare budgets, contracts, and donor financial reports;
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Acrobat Pro;
- Passionate about human rights and wants to see the rise of democracy;
- Good team player and ability to work in a small yet diverse work environment, with colleagues from Southeast Asian countries and partners from different parts of the world.
The Finance & Administration Officer reports directly to the Executive Director. The position is offered a one-year contract, with a probation period of three months. This is a full-time position with 40 working hours a week. The contract is renewable, subject to a mutual agreement between DigitalReach and the position holder. The position is home-based that is required to be based in Bangkok, Thailand.
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill in the application form below with following required documents;
- A curriculum vitae or resume
- A 1-page cover letter that describes why you are interested in the position and how your skills and experience match with it.