Job Type: Short-term consultancy (part-time)
Duration of Contract: 3 months
Compensation: 3,500 USD for completing the tasks
Deadline of Application: December 31, 2023
DigitalReach is a digital rights organization focused on the impact of technology on human rights in Southeast Asia. The organization was founded in 2019 in Bangkok, Thailand and registered as a foundation in 2022. DigitalReach’s work revolves around three core strategies: research and monitoring, advocacy, and community building and empowerment. The organization’s thematic focus encompasses freedom of expression, the right to privacy, and digital security.
Given our projected expansion plan, DigitalReach is establishing a competent operation system within the organization. With this, we are looking for an experienced consultant to support the organization in terms of implementing policies and procedures that are related to human resources.
Human capital plays a crucial role in an organization’s success, serving as a fundamental and essential element. While finding talented individuals can be challenging, retaining them poses its own difficulties. Factors influencing people to stay or leave, such as organizational culture, workplace benefits, staff welfare, and colleagues, highlight the need for strategic human resources management to foster a thriving environment.
Scope of Work
The primary aim of the consultancy is to establish a foundational framework for a robust internal human resource management system within the organization. Recognizing the likelihood of increased complexity with future expansion, the consultant’s scope of work at the foundational level includes:
- Providing consultation for DigitalReach to develop strategic human resources management system comprised of, for example, policies, procedures, and tools, that meet the standard of practices and are according to Thai law.
- Review the existing human resources management-related policies and procedures, particularly the employee’s handbook.
- Drafting the organization’s human resources management-related policies and procedures, including, but not limited to, performance assessment, recruitment process and criteria, compensation and benefits, progressive discipline, and staff’s health and safety.
- Experienced in human resource management, particularly in NGOs;
- Experienced in providing consultation on human resource management;
- Proved to be knowledgeable about the Thailand’s Labor Protection Act and other related laws, and can assist the organization to develop the human resources policies according to the laws;Fluent in both Thai and English;Have a degree in human resources management-related fields;
- Have at least 10 years of experience in human resources management.
PERIOD OF CONSULTANCY, TIMELINE OF DELIVERABLES, COMPENSATION
The consultation spans three (3) months, from February – April 2024, during which the consultant works closely with the Executive Director. This is a part-time role, allowing the consultant to manage their schedule. Deliverable timelines will be agreed upon between DigitalReach and the consultant. The deliverables must be submitted in English. Compensation for completing the tasks is 3,500 USD (Three thousand five hundred US dollars).
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill in the application form below and submit the following documents as part of the application:
- A cover letter that provides details of how you have worked with other organizations on providing consultation on human resources management and why you are interested in this consultancy.
- A CV or resumé
- Two references should be provided, preferably from entities with whom you have experience in delivering human resources management consultations.
The deadline of application is on December 31, 2023.