Job Type: Short-term consultancy (part-time)
Duration of Contract: 3 months
Compensation: 3,500 USD for completing the tasks
Deadline of Application: December 31, 2023
DigitalReach is a digital rights organization focused on the impact of technology on human rights in Southeast Asia. The organization was founded in 2019 in Bangkok, Thailand and registered as a foundation in 2022. DigitalReach’s work revolves around three core strategies: research and monitoring, advocacy, and community building and empowerment. The organization’s thematic focus encompasses freedom of expression, the right to privacy, and digital security.
Given our projected expansion plan, DigitalReach is establishing a competent operation system within the organization. With this, we are looking for an experienced consultant to support the organization in terms of implementing policies and procedures that are related to finance. The work covers providing consultation on financial-related policies and procedures, reviewing the existing procedures and documents, and, most importantly, drafting the organization’s financial management policies and other financial-related policies.
The implemented comprehensive policies and procedures will enable the organization to efficiently plan, organize, control, and monitor financial resources to meet with the organization’s objectives as well as expectations of donors and project beneficiaries. This will also allow DigitalReach to enhance our stakeholders’ confidence in the organization.
Scope of Work
The primary goal of the consultancy is to establish systematic financial policies and procedures within the organization, integral to a competent operational system. It aims to implement systematic financial procedures enabling the efficient management of financial resources. This involves the following tasks:
- Providing consultation to DigitalReach on finance-related management.
- Review the existing financial-related procedures inside the organization to make it reliable and meet with standard financial practices.
- Drafting the organization’s financial related documents including financial management rules and regulations and forms to set up the systematic procedures that are in accordance with the organization’s objectives as well as Thai laws.
- Experienced in financial management in NGOs under Thai laws;
- Experienced in providing consultation on financial management in NGOs that receives funding from international donors;
- Fluent in both Thai and English;Have a degree in finance, accounting, and other financial-related management;
- Have at least 10 years of experience in providing consultation on financial management.
PERIOD OF CONSULTANCY, TIMELINE OF DELIVERABLES, COMPENSATION
The consultation spans three (3) months, from February – April 2024, during which the consultant works closely with the Executive Director. This is a part-time role, allowing the consultant to manage their schedule. Deliverable timelines will be agreed upon between DigitalReach and the consultant. All deliverables must be submitted in English. Compensation for completing the tasks is 3,500 USD (Three thousand five hundred US dollars).
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill in the application form below and submit the following documents as part of the application:
- A cover letter that provides details of how you have worked with other organizations on providing consultation on financial management and why you are interested in this consultancy.
- A CV or resumé
- Two references should be provided, preferably from entities with whom you have experience in delivering financial management consultations.
The deadline of application is on December 31, 2023.