Job Type: Full-time
Contract: Fixed-term contract of one year with possible extension
Salary: 23,400 USD gross per annum with other benefits
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Deadline of Application: November 26, 2023
Background & POSITION DESCRIPTION
DigitalReach is a digital rights organization focused on the impact of technology on human rights in Southeast Asia. The organization was founded in 2019 in Bangkok, Thailand and registered as a foundation in 2022. DigitalReach’s work revolves around three core strategies: research and monitoring, advocacy, and community building and empowerment. The organization’s thematic focus encompasses freedom of expression, the right to privacy, and digital security.
As a recently established organization, we are seeking an Operations Officer with a diverse skill set to support the Executive Director in various operational areas, including finance, administration, staff training, policy development, fundraising, and stakeholder relationship building. The ideal candidate should possess a solid background in financial and administrative tasks within an international context.
The position offers a one-year contract, including a three-month probationary period. This is a full-time role requiring 40 working hours per week. Some flexibility is necessary for accommodating international calls. The position is semi-remote, with the Officer primarily working from home and attending in-person meetings at least once a month. Contract renewal is contingent upon mutual agreement between DigitalReach and the position holder. This national position is based in Bangkok, Thailand.
Scope of Work
The overall scope of work is to handle operations-related tasks of the organization including financial and administrative tasks. This ensures the smooth functioning of DigitalReach as a whole. The position holder will collaborate closely with the Executive Director and other team members.
- Ensure that adequate financial procedures are in place to maintain proper accountability of incomes and expenditures;
- Ensure the financial transactions are properly authorized, recorded, have adequate supporting documentation, filled, maintained and can be easily extracted for the purpose of preparing financial statements and audits;
- Monitor budgets and expenditures;
- Experience with computer-based accounting and finance management system (e.g. QuickBooks);
- Maintain cash and bank books and reconciliation with bank statements, including control of disbursements and balancing of books and ledgers;
- Experience in handling financial procedures in multi-currencies;
- Process payment of salaries, allowances, travel claims and other payments to the staff, vendors, and other claimants;
- Process organization’s tax payments for the organization that is registered as a foundation according to the Thai law;
- Prepare and submit monthly cash flow statuses;
- Prepare annual financial reports, including project reports;
- Prepare the organization’s performance annual report to the registrar at the district office according to the Thai law;
- Check and ensure that all procurement processes and expenditures are in accordance with DigitalReach and the organization’s funders’ procedures;
- Organize the annual project financial audits and assisting auditors with verification and queries;
- Prepare an employment contract, insurance, and other requirements for an incoming staff and consultant;
- Conduct an introductory session to introduce a newly hired staff and consultant on the organization’s system, rules, and procedures;
- Administer personnel policies and apply rules, regulations, and procedures concerning recruitment, appointment, benefits, and other personnel matters;
- Administer and manage the logistics and contacts for services with service providers such as travel agents, hotels, translation and interpretation agencies, office suppliers;
- Assist in the administrative and logistical organization of conferences, workshops, retreats and other events;
- Assist in organizing staff’s trainings and other capacity building activities.
- Assist in office’s procurement-related activities;
- Prepare routine official correspondence, memoranda, and reports.
Other Operation-related Responsibilities
- Assist the Executive Director in preparing the operation plan for the organization including the expansion plan, budget preparations, and capacity building;
- Assist the Executive Director in drafting organization’s policies and review existing operation-related policies for seamless operations;
- Assist the Executive Director in fund-raising;
- Assist the Executive Director in recruitment of staff and consultants;
- Represent the organization in stakeholders’ meetings and events.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in accounting;
- At least 5 years of experience working in the field of accountant and finance;
- Proficiency in Thai and English;
- Experience working in an international non-profit organization;
- Experience in handling grants from international funding organizations;
- Experience in using a computer-based accounting software;
- Significant experience in financial monitoring, budget systems, and internal controls;
- Demonstrated experience in procurement and preparation of financial reports and budget variance analysis;
- Demonstrated strong analytical and multi-tasking skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage and work effectively in team situations;
- Proven ability to prepare budgets, contracts, and donor financial reports;
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Acrobat Pro;
- Passionate about human rights and wants to see the rise of democracy;
- Good team player and ability to work in a small yet diverse work environment, with colleagues from Southeast Asian countries and partners from different parts of the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill in the application form below with following required documents:
- A curriculum vitae or resume
- A 1-page cover letter that describes why you are interested in the position and how your skills and experience match with it.